It is only natural that our first post is about food related reviews in general since this is what Droolie is about!
So what do we do and why? The short version, if you are into startups and investments, the elevator pitch, is “Always find great food that you can and want to eat. Find and get recommendation on specific food or dish, fast, socially, anywhere and anytime”. That is the core of what we do. That will also enable us to do much more as we grow.
Questions to ask ourselves
Sometimes we do have the following questions, or similar at least:
1. Where can I get the best Korean Fried Chicken near my area?
2. My wife is pregnant and is craving a Nasi Goreng, she wants the highly rated ones
3. I am allergic to peanut and gluten and want to find a Pad Thai fast
4. I feel like a burger and I am near Newtown, let’s find the most recommended one
How would you go about answering those questions? You can go to restaurant review websites or some blogs or probably social media or ask friends and family.
But can you find what you are looking for easily? and fast? In this day and age, our expectation for fast access or response accelerates. Have you restarted a mobile app because it has been 5 seconds since you loaded it and the home screen has not finished loading? Have you been frustrated in missing a train because the next one is 10 minutes away? Do you wish affordable same day package delivery within the same town is the norm?
The current plethora of restaurant and food related information is unstructured and spread across review sites/apps, blogs as well as social media sites/apps.
This then sets the low expectation that it will not be simple to search for a dish or two let alone getting recommendation on certain dish.
Read on those blogs. Read on those restaurant reviews. Go through the random images and text that you cannot search on social media. Go through search engine to find allergen information. Rock up to the restaurants and find you might not want to try there so walk to the next restaurant.
I know I have asked myself, surely there is a better way!!
We are here to help
We digitise menu that is crowdsourced, rate-able and review-able. We want everyone to be able to get answers to the questions we ask ourselves within a few clicks and seconds. How we can get to our vision:
- Restaurant menus are available digitally in those takeaway and delivery apps. We will make the same thing available for everyone so you can browse before you eat in.
- You will be able to contribute by adding missing dish on menu. We get menu changes often for some restaurants! You can also suggest a restaurant!
- You can also add tags to indicate allergen information advised by the restaurant
- You can rate and leave review on individual dish to help others
In the next posts, we will cover more food specific reviews either by research or by our own people. We will also continually add more on our vision and dreams.
As always, visit our app page at droolie.com.au to download!